BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and an outstanding provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions – from thorough fundamental and quantitative active management approaches sought at improving outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies crafted to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock’s Technology Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining modern technologies both in the cloud and on-prem. We are looking for a Cloud Network Security Administrator to join our team. This is a new role in our interdisciplinary team focusing on leveraging cloud capabilities within BlackRock’s powerful asset management platform in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner.
We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to tackle large scale challenges. You are looking at a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. You are a strong candidate when it comes to your ability to work in an international team. You will have experience in building cloud infrastructure while keeping security, cost, performance and complexity at top of mind.
As a Cloud Network Security Administrator, you will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to build out and maintain security controls for our cloud platform
- Utilize deep technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure network resources
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with the cloud services & platform related to network connectivity, partnering with our wider networking teams
- Build cloud network connectivity architectures & systems. Participate in design reviews and deliver on those designs.
- Take well known on-premise ways of working and translate them into a cloud native approach for modern technologies
- Participate with design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help deliver our commitments within our team
- Minimum of 3 years experience provisioning, deploying and supporting cloud native applications in Azure with Terraform, ARM templates or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing & implementing cloud connectivity; VPC/Network peering, Cloud-to-Cloud, On-prem-to-cloud
- Demonstrated experience using the following services from a cloud provider; VNets, Resource Groups, AzureVM, NSGs, Express Route, RBAC
- Demonstrated experience with use of Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver complex infrastructure across Azure (Preferred) or AWS.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience securing complex network architectures across on-prem and cloud, including network firewall appliances.
- Experience in crafting and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or GitHub following GitOps principles
- Excited to bring order to cloud automation standards
- No Travel
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.