Research by Forrester Consulting has shown that Azure Security Center can reduce the cost of protecting against threats throughout the system, simplify security management, and improve the efficiency of Security Operations Centers (SOCs).
Forrester Consulting found that, on average, the organizations surveyed benefited of $ 3.56 million in three years on a $ 1.1 million system cost, resulting in a return on investment of 219% with a payback of less than six months.
Forrester interviewed four customers with experience with the Azure Security Center, summarized their responses, and consolidated the results into a single organization. This framework helps identify the costs, benefits and risk factors that influence investment decisions. According to the aggregated data, Azure Security Center has demonstrated the following benefits:
- Reduce the risk of a cloud security breach by up to 25%. With the ability to better monitor the organization’s security posture across all Azure workloads, the organizations surveyed reported that they were able to reduce the risk of a cloud security breach.
- Reducing the time to eliminate threats by 50%. Organizations that chose to deploy Azure Defender to the Azure Security Center shared that they were able to reduce their average time to remediate threats by 50%.
- Azure Security Center also reduced the time spent updating security policies and managing compliance by 20-30%. This has resulted in improved productivity for security administrators.
- Customers reported that they have reduced their costs for third-party security tools and services. Customers saved 20 to 30% on third-party tools and services.
- Customers have improved compliance with visibility and availability of status in the Azure Security Center. They were also able to make recommended fixes in this area, which they might have missed if there was no solution.