By Joe Panettieri and Azure Security News
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP): OPSWAT, has secured a $125 million growth investment from Brighton Park Capital , a research-driven investment firm that specializes in growth-stage software, information services, and technology-enabled business services. OPSWAT has roughly 400 employees across 10 global offices. The company offers cybersecurity solutions to roughly 1,000 organizations across 70 countries.
2. Internet of Things: Optiv Security has unveiled an Enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) Lab to address three goals:
- Show organizations how to discover IoT devices present in their environment, assess devices for vulnerabilities, and mitigate outstanding security issues.
- Provide a baseline platform for development of automated vulnerability management and incident response solutions for IoT.
- Position IoT/OT/ICS security solutions where their integrations into other technologies can be developed and tested end-to-end.
3. Network Security: GuardDog.ai has released Protective Cloud Services (PCS), which includes a network security device called Fido. The platform offers “plug-and-protect proactive cybersecurity solution for edge networks and network attached devices,” the company says.
4. European Security Operations Center (SOC): Viasat‘s U.K. subsidiary has opened a new Network Operations Center (NOC) and Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) in Aldershot, United Kingdom. The new facilities will support defense, government, and commercial organizations often targeted by increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks, Via Satellite reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Free Cyber Protection for MSPs: Acronis has unveiled a no-cost version of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud to help service providers to “design and offer a comprehensive cyber protection services portfolio with little to no upfront costs,” the company says.
2. Integration – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Blackpoint Cyber has a new integration with Bitdefender GravityZone, providing Blackpoint customers using Bitdefender with enhanced MDR services, the two companies say.
5. Partnership – Midmarket Threat Detection and Response: NormCyber and FireEye are partnering to deliver threat detection and response services as part of its NormCyber’s Cyber Security as a Service offering.
6. Partnership – Cloud Visibility: Gigamon and FireEye have expanded their partnership. The relationship now includes a new Gigamon Hawk technical integration with FireEye. This enables IT teams to gain full visibility and control of the performance, security and cost of their hybrid cloud network, the companies say.
7. Partnership – Automobile Cybersecurity: Argus Cyber Security, a provider of automotive cybersecurity solutions, has collaborated with Microsoft Azure IoT and joined the Microsoft partner network to provide vehicle manufacturers the ability to monitor, detect, and mitigate attacks in the cloud, the company says.